CG-RJ and CGI-RJ spiral wound gaskets are designed for use as a replacement maintenance item of standard oval and octagonal ring joint gaskets.
These gaskets are:
- Available for NPS 1/2″ to 24″ and pressure classes 150 to 1500.
- Gasket thickness is 0.175″ (4.5mm) and the outer ring thickness is 0.125″ (3.2mm).
- Style CGI-RJ gaskets are fitted with an inner ring 0.125″ (3.2mm) thick.
- They are recommended for pressure classes 900 and above, and where operating temperatures are above 572° F (300° C).
- For Use in ASME B16.5 and API 6A Ring-Joint Flanges
This style designates a specially sized CG gasket to be used on standard ring joint flanges. The outer ring is dimensioned to cover the ring joint grooves and to prevent the spiral wound portion from entering the groove.